Greenmeadows Intermediate School

Covid 19 Update

(09) 267 6255 29 Greenmeadows Avenue
Manurewa
Auckland
NEW ZEALAND 2102

Covid 19 Update - 15 February 2021

14 February 2020

Kia ora koutou, Talofa lava

There have been three confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Auckland.  As a result, the whole of Auckland has moved from Alert Level 1 to Alert Level 3 for 72 hours from midnight Monday 15th February to midnight Wednesday 17th February.

Where possible parents are asked to keep their children home from school for this period.  We will be open for those of you who have no other options but to send your children to school and we will have safety precautions in place to look after them. Please email Cathy Chalmers cchalmers@greenmeadows.school.nz if you wish your child to attend bubble school during this time. 

Although this is for a short period, at this time we are activating our distance learning plan as we did when we have been in previous lock downs. Our first priority is to stay connected with our students and families.  

On Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th February, teachers will be finalising the set up of their google classrooms in “Screenmeadows” and will be making contact with students and parents to ensure they have access to their online class.  In the meantime, students are encouraged to go onto Mathletics each day for at least 30 minutes.  Students will have full access to their google classroom by Wednesday. 

COVID-19 continues to be a factor we need to consider, and I assure you we have a robust plan and will do everything we need to for your children and your wider family and whānau.

If the situation changes, the school will provide timely and accurate information. In the event that the current lockdown is extended, we are gearing up to enable parents to collect devices from school to support the distance learning programme.  Please do not hesitate to contact Cathy Chalmers or your child's class teacher if you have any concerns or questions in the meantime.  Teacher emails can be found here on the school website. 

In the meantime - stay safe and stay home if at all possible :) 

Cathy Chalmers

Principal