Greenmeadows Intermediate School

Quick Links

(09) 267 6255 29 Greenmeadows Avenue
Manurewa
Auckland
NEW ZEALAND 2102

Greenmeadows Intermediate ERO Report

The Board of Trustees received the confirmed report from ERO’s recent visit to the school in August 2016. The report indicates the school is well placed to sustain and improve its performance and ERO is likely to carry out their next review of our school in four to five years. We are very proud of our report; it acknowledges the Board and Staff for the work they do to ensure we remain a high performing school within our community.

Comments in the report include:

• Greenmeadows Intermediate School serves its diverse community of learners well. Students benefit from teaching and learning approaches that enhance their understanding of their own progress and achievement. The inclusive culture of the school offers opportunities for all students to enjoy learning.
  • The school’s inclusive culture and environment nurture the interests of young adolescents and supports their transition to secondary schools in the area.
  • The school makes very good use of achievement information to make positive changes in student engagement in learning.
  • Students enjoy an expansive and enriched curriculum that promotes and supports their learning well.
  • Careful consideration has also been given to catering for students’ varied gifts and talents, and students benefit from a wide range of opportunities to develop these.
  • Restorative practices are used to support student wellbeing and promote inclusion. Effective pastoral care results in a positive climate for learning.
  • The board is supportive of the principal and school leaders. Trustees are informed about school goals and action plans. They take a keen interest in how well students are achieving and provide additional learning resources to support teacher-led, targeted interventions in the classrooms.

Click here to read the full report.